Application for ISL Ambassadors
- Represent ISL on your campus, organization, or work place with the help of your ISL Lead Ambassador.
- Assist in setting up teams for groups or student clubs.
- Refer individual students to ISL programs.
- Consider organizing an ISL Club on your campus.
If you have traveled with ISL before, you may also:
- Represent ISL at health fairs and conferences. See details in #2 below.
- Recruit, train, and support volunteers who have not yet traveled with ISL.
TERMS OF COMPENSATION
- I understand that I may earn $100 travel credit or $50 cash for each volunteer I recruit after my Ambassador Application has been accepted by ISL.
- I understand that my recruits must use my CAP Code to qualify for compensation.
- I understand that if I have traveled with ISL before, I may also be eligible to earn $100/day by staffing an ISL table at fairs, conferences and other events, but that I need to first contact my ISL Lead Ambassador for permission and suggestions.
- I understand that I must submit a Compensation Form with a list of the names of the people I have recruited before I can receive my cash or travel credit award.
- I understand that I will not be extended credit for recruiting myself, other ISL Ambassadors, volunteers who cancelled, students for a faculty-led team, volunteers who registered before my application was accepted, or volunteers who register after my Ambassador agreement expired.
- I understand that if I am traveling with my recruits and desire travel credit, I must pay the trip deposit but not pay my account until my travel credit has been applied. I understand that I will not be charged a late fee.
- I understand that I cannot apply my travel credit to a faculty-led team.
- I understand that my recruits must have their payments completed prior to me submitting my compensation form.
- I understand that I must submit my form no sooner than 30 days BEFORE my recruits travel.
- I understand that I have up to one year to use my travel credit after a travel voucher has been issued to me.
- I understand that if my travel credit exceeds the cost of my trip, I can either save my travel credit for another trip or receive a check for 1/2 the amount of the remaining travel credit.
- I understand that if I prefer cash or want to save my travel credit for a future trip, I need to submit my list of recruits within 60 days AFTER my volunteers have traveled.
- I understand that it may take up to 30 days to receive my cash rewards and I will provide an address that will be good in 60 days.
- I understand that if have earned $600 or more in cash rewards, I am considered a private contractor by the IRS, and must submit a W-9 form (http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf) by email or mail to ISL’s Financial Department at:
International Service Learning PO Box 60925,
Corpus Christi, TX 78466
- I understand that ISL will provide me with an IRS Form 1099 as a record of fees earned annually, if my compensation is $600 or more. I will make sure ISL has my current contact information.
If accepted as a Ambassador for ISL, I understand that by submitting the following application, I am now engaged in an active agreement for one full calendar year. I also understand that at the end of that year I will be provided an opportunity to renew the 1-year agreement or to terminate. I agree to the Responsibilities and Terms of Compensation listed above, and I understand that I will be notified within one week concerning the status of my application.