“This was easily the greatest experience of my entire life. It feels amazing to help others who would otherwise be unable to receive medical treatment, and it definitely reaffirmed my desire to become a doctor.”
— Sean T., Truman State University
ISL has been providing sustainable medical service in developing countries for over 20 years. Our medical programs offer incredible hands-on programatic learning for volunteers and vital life services for those in need. We partner with some of the finest universities to offer credit programs for many students and we offer a continuing education outlet for fully licensed nurses and doctors. Find a team that excites you, sign up and we’ll take care of the rest. You’ll have the time of your life while making a difference for some truly amazing people.
ISL assures that all of our health programs maintain the following priorities:
- The rights of all patients are respected.
- The health and safety of students is a top priority at all times.
- All work is done in full cooperation with local health authorities.
- Students receive appropriate training for the services each team performs.
- Students may determine their comfort level of participation.
- Professional health workers, translators, team leaders, and guides are provided.
- Each student is assigned the services of a professional pre-trip planner and manager.
- A wide variety of recreational opportunities are offered to each team.
- There’s more! See each specific program description for much more information!